Monday, January 08, 2007

i smell gas

This morning when I left our building, I smelled gas. We live on a pretty busy street, so I didn't think much of it. It was the kind of pollution smell that you get when a truck drives by, so I figured it was due to the traffic. As I headed towards the train which is about 2 and half avenue blocks away from where we live, I realized that it still smelled like gas. Truck pollution doesn't usually last that long, so I thought maybe the smell was just stuck in my nose, like the way a bad taste sticks in your mouth sometimes. Maybe I was crazy and imagining it because the odor was so strong when I first left the house.

But then, Crystal sent me this article. I'm not crazy! Yaay! But the source seems like it's close to where we live, which isn't too good. I hope it doesn't lead to anything crazy like the manhole explosions in Soho.

edit: I'm definitely not alone.

3 comments:

  1. i smelt gas in queens last night. but the article says nothing about it, plus i was getting off a bus at the time, so i figured it was nothing. i did smell something by work tho....but thought it was because i was passing by a construction site

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope it's not too unbearably smell and that they figure what's going on soon! maybe it's new jersey. it is the armpit of america...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh, it smelled so bad this morning in the times square subway stop. like when you turn on your burner but it takes too long to light and all this gas is now permeating your kitchen... except a gazillion times worse. i can't believe they still can't figure out where it came from! (i really hope it doesn't end up being from jersey. =p)

    ReplyDelete