Yesterday on the train, I was doing the polite thing and staring at the ground when I noticed a girl wearing a toe ring. I then got to thinking..girls, or people, put jewelry on every part of their bodies. There are earrings for ears, necklaces for necks, rings for fingers, bracelets for wrists, armbands for upper arms, anklets for ankles, and piercings for other assorted body parts. But the one place on a person where I don't think I've seen or heard of jewelry being worn is on a thigh. I've never seen a thighlet(?) or thighband.
Why not?
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
the neglected thigh
Posted by
sprees
at
10:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i can't imagine anything being comfortable in that area. every other piece of jewelry has a place to rest or at least some way to prevent it from coming off. i can't see how that can be pulled off on a thigh... unless it were elastic or a piercing.
ReplyDeleteyou could have an thighband, like those armbands that people were wearing..just a circlet of metal digging into your thigh..
ReplyDeletea lot of times the jewelry/piercing is for others to see so i guess the thigh isn't that prominent a place? (though i know that people also pierce some reaaaally weird and non-public places so there goes that argument)
ReplyDeleteyou should start the latest trend... wear jewelry on your thigh!
they have garters.... but i guess those aren't for everyone to see
ReplyDelete