Sunday, October 31, 2010

Hoot! Hoot!

Happy Halloween!




Aaron was an owl this year. He first started talking about owls in August, when we went to Asia on a family vacation. He would say that "Ma-Ma, Yie-Yie" (and then go on to name everyone in Isaac's family) "is a night owl. I'm a day-time owl!" So when September rolled around and we started talking about Halloween costumes, he told us he wanted to be an owl. So I looked online for a few costumes, and found these:


Too Girly.


Kinda weird and not as cute as we would hope.


So I thought about making him a costume, but I don't know how to sew, so we asked Isaac's mom to make his costume. She did a great job!!



This was the first year we went trick or treating in our neighborhood, and it was CRAZY. Apparently the area is pretty well known for trick or treating, and the neighborhood association gives out a list of participating houses and glowsticks (and free donuts!) at sunset. The streets were blocked off and hundreds of people were wandering around trick or treating. There were lines to receive candy at each house. The people who participated were very generous to do so - they stood outside in the cold and must have handed out hundreds of dollars worth of candy. There were some scary decorations too.

This is not a great picture, but the guy in the coffin would sit up every now and then. Isaac and I were wondering where they got the coffin, and if they just have it lying around their house all the time!


Truly Scary.

2 comments:

  1. aaron's such a cute owl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaron is getting so big. Wish I was there to watch him grow up. Xo

    ReplyDelete