Before I get into specifics of tv shows, here's an overview of the shows I've keeping up with this season:
Sunday
The Amazing Race - I've only watched this sporadically in the beginning, but have upped it to regular status as it nears the finale
Dexter - I first read a review in a magazine a while ago, and after I checked out the first episode, I was hooked. Maybe one of the best new shows this season.
Monday
Heroes - I was pretty excited to try out this show before the season began, but some storylines have dragged and some characters are unlikeable or boring, so it's the kind of show that I keep up with, but I need to be doing something else at the same time (like playing Zuma) so I can stand to keep watching.
How I Met Your Mother (HIMYM) - I tried this show last year based on the reviews, and it was suprisingly funny at times. Funny enough to keep watching, at least. In its sophomore season, this show has only gotten better. It's now on my must-watch list.
Tuesday
Gilmore Girls - There have been a lot of complaints about this show since the original showrunner left, and it's true that the tone of the show is not quite the same, but it's a perennial favorite for me, and at this point, I just need to keep watching to find out what happens.
Veronica Mars - I had my doubts about this after an overly complicated second season, but this season has been a little better. Still doesn't compare to season one though.
Wednesday
South Park - I think season 10 just finished, but I recently became addicted to this show. It's crass, but really funny sometimes.
Thursday
Survivor - I was intrigued by the "race wars" premise, but this season is so much more than that!
The Office - Love it.
Scrubs - Returning tonight!
30 Rock - At first, I didn't like this show, but I gave it another shot when iTunes was offering a free download of one of the episodes, and I really like it now.
The O.C. - As I stated in a previous post, the O.C. is back!
Ugly Betty - I loved how Salma Hayek had a cameo in the telenovela inside the show in episode one! At time this show is a little formulaic and overly sappy, so it doesn't quite fall into my "must watch" category, but I do keep up with it.
Grey's Anatomy - Even though I hated the whole Denny storyline, I'm still watching. McShumbot mocks it, but I still love it!
Other shows I sometimes watch: Everybody Hates Chris, Dirty Jobs, Mythbusters, Law and Order:SVU
Thursday is a busy day. So many shows, so little time. On the other hand, Wednesday is super empty for me. I'm not a Lost fan, I'm tired of Top Model, and Project Runway and South Park are over, so I've got nothing to watch that day. (That's not a complaint though - I've got plenty of other things to occupy my time...Tetrinet, anyone?)
Thursday, November 30, 2006
what i'm watching..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i agree with you on: amazing race, dexter, vm, scrubs, the oc, and greys
ReplyDeletei started watching heros and ugly betty, but i can't seem to keep up.
i saw how i met your mother last year (doogie!) and thought it was ok... hrm, i should try this season if it's better.
ever watch little people, big world?
and i was reading a zap2it article about my boys which apparently is like sex and the city 'cept with a tomboy-ish like character... they made it sound like it was supposed to be good, but i tried to watch the pilot twice (TWICE!) and fell asleep both times.
really missing quality television... like arrested development :(
if you're trying out how i met your mother, check out the "slap bet" episode (S2E09).
ReplyDeleteno more laguna beach?
ReplyDeletelittle people, big world = fascinating to watch... does watching it make you want to visit midgetville, crystal? :P
What about House? I got into House and Grey's this summer watching reruns and now I'm hooked. Tuesdays are House and Gilmore Girls. Thursday, Ugly Betty and Grey's. But I think I'm going to have to tape Scrubs as well.
ReplyDelete