Thursday, December 21, 2006

Zafu

I love denim. I really need new jeans, but I haven't been able to find a pair with a fit that I like. I think I just tend to get overwhelmed by the vast amount of selection out there and I don't have the patience or endurance to test every pair in a store to find the perfect pair. Again, it's the paradox of choice thing.

I heard about this website a while ago on the NYTimes, but I couldn't reach the site at the time - it was probably flooded with requests. I recently rediscovered its existence when I was cleaning out my bookmarks, so I haven't tried any of the jeans they recommend yet, but it seems pretty helpful for lazy shoppers like me.

It asks you a bunch of questions about how jeans normally fit on you, your height, typical size, etc and it recommends jeans for you based on your body shape and what you want out of your jeans (perkier butt, no saddlebags, etc)

Also, is it just me, or does it seem like $100-$120 is cheap for a pair of jeans these days? I remember when I used to buy jeans for $30/$35, but after premium denim got big, my old Tilt jeans no longer seemed like real jeans (they felt paper thin compared to premium denim).

Anyway, if any of you have tried Zafu or have bought based on the recommendations, can you let me know? I'm curious about how good it actually is.

5 comments:

  1. hmm, i just checked it out, and it seems somewhat generic. i think based on rise and favorite brand, there are going to be some obvious picks.

    also, i wish they had a question about leg opening preference. that could make a huge difference, the preference between flares and skinny jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg, i totally have to tell my sister about this! it sucks how its so expensive now tho, but i can totally tell the difference....i've been spoiled by one pair of seven jeans and now nothing affordable seems good enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, it's true about rise, and i do wish they had more options to sort by trends and styles, but i think the wishlist/silhouette tries to cover that. But maybe their philosophy is to find you the best jeans for your body type rather than jeans that you can wear and pull off, but might not be as flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh dude, i want to go jean shopping now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there. I work at zafu and just want to respond to your comments. We recommend jeans that will fit your body, we leave the style thing up to you. When you see your results, at the top of the page you can then narrow down your jeans by leg shape, fit thru hip, length, price, etc. Hope you don't mind me jumping in! Thanks for checking us out, please let us know how things works out (feedback@zafu.com)

    ReplyDelete