I can't believe summer is almost here. Time seems to be flying by. It's strange, having a baby makes me feel simultaneously young and old. Old because of the responsibility, of course, but young because I feel like I get to see the world through fresh eyes again.
Aaron is growing so quickly! He's four months now, and about 14.5 pounds. He's more fun than he used to be and he seems to be doing new things everyday. Since last week we've noticed that he's learned to roll side to side. This doesn't seem like a big deal at first, but considering the fact that he's been stuck on his back since January, any new whole body movement is pretty cool. Also, he's just started to discover his feet which has started to interfere with the whole diaper changing deal as he loves to grab his toes while I'm trying to get him straighten out so I can get the diaper on. And just yesterday, he started shrieking excitedly while playing with his toys. It's a little hard to tell if it's a good or bad mood indicator as the nature of it seems to turn on a dime, but it's funny. Or it was for the first 10 minutes. After that I started getting a bit of a headache ;) And he's started to get more head control which is great thing!
He's also fairly well traveled now. He's been to NJ, Chicago, and San Diego and he's ridden a bus, ferry, car, taxi, subway, train, and airplane.
Mother's day has come and gone. We were on the plane coming home from San Diego all day so we didn't really celebrate. I was semi-hoping that my mother's day present would be a "Mama" or something from Aaron, but nothing like that. (He does make the "ma" noise now, but only when he's crying really hard.) Instead, he spit up all over me on the plane and I got to smell like vomit for 3 hours until we got home. But he was full of smiles that day, so that was a pretty nice present in itself.
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ahhhhh aaron looks so chubby i want to eat him!! when is he going to add MD/VA to his list of places he's been??
ReplyDeletebig baby! looks like an intense play session with the toy
ReplyDeletehahah actually yeah, i agree with talida. aaron looks really intense and thinking really hard about that toy. you have a nerdy baby!! ... but that is to be expected i suppose
ReplyDelete