I took a business trip to Boston this Tuesday for a one-day conference with the biggest names in computing to discuss the future of ... i guess computing. Pretty interesting stuff - the type of thing you would read on the front page of /., so I'm being intentionally vague (vayg). I didn't really contribute much of anything except to act as a witness, but the thing that interested me most is how political these types of things can be - entire corporations can be embodied in a few guys in suits (or black sweaters) arguing and blaming each other for past trespasses while trying to negotiate and work together at the same time.
Incidentally, since I had to wake up really early the nights I was there (6:30am and 4:15am) that I thought I might actually begin developing good sleeping/waking patterns. I've had Thursday and Friday to try it out; did I do it? ....not so much.
Friday, December 08, 2006
Acela
Posted by
Isaac
at
12:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4:15 am!?! daaaaang...
ReplyDeletedid you go through the big dig tunnels?! do the trains even go through those tunnels or is it just for car traffic?
dang 4:15 is early.
ReplyDeletei usually end up just staying up
btw all your messages are a good read!
Thanks.
ReplyDeleteBoston is actually a really nice city (from what I saw of it). The whole city seems to have a lot of history, but it's big enough to have a lot to do. It's not that strange that everyone that moves to Boston (except probably New Yorkers) claim its sports teams as their own.
I hear trying to navigate your way around is a pain though. So I don't really know where I was.
ooo.. i love the acela.. it's 10x more comfortable than the bus... and it's so much fun to take trips to the snack car. if you ever go up to boston again and need some recs on what to do or where to eat/drink, let me know! it was my home for 6 years
ReplyDeleteI hate Boston, and i'm not a NYer, well, not a real one. It is so confusing, chinatown is scary and dark, and i've run into a lot of crazy/shady ppl there....
ReplyDelete