Monday, December 11, 2006

oww! wii!

Yesterday I was cutting a pineapple and one of the eyes stabbed me in my middle finger. I've often heard May say that she doesn't like to eat pineapple because it cuts her tongue, and I never really knew what she meant, but I guess the fruit can be pretty vicious! But I wouldn't blame the pineapple though - she probably just had some badly cut pineapple that still had sharp stabby things in it or something.

Anyway, the cut was totally worth it. The pineapple was so fresh and juicy - it made me want to go back to Hawaii. The pineapples there were so sweet and juicy and omnipresent - I probably had pineapple at least once a day there..yumm!

The only problem is that this tiny hole in my finger gets irritated everytime i use my middle finger to type, so it's a little harder to work today. I'm improvising though - I'm using all my other fingers to type. It's a little slower (although i get moments of quickness where my fingers feel like they're dancing across they keyboard) , but it's actually kinda fun. It sorta reminds me of the time I played this game where I didn't use my right hand for a day. By the end of the day, my right hand was really weak. I wonder if my finger will be weaker from underuse by the end of the day too.

In other injury-related news, Isaac and I recently obtained a Wii, courtesy of our good friend Tammy, who graciously waited in a line at Toys R Us for us during her lunch hour. We've been enjoying Wii Sports (the packaged game) very much. I think Isaac likes baseball the best, but I really enjoy boxing. It's pretty fun, and I've noticed that my arms and sides have been a little sore when I get up in the morning. It's kinda sad- apparently I'm so out of shape that a video game is kicking my butt and providing a good workout for me!

5 comments:

  1. wiiiiii would like to play! baaah, i like how they say wiiii in that commercial

    wiii sport is so fun! i like playing tennis! (that was the only thing i've played so far)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This entry from Kotaku seems to apply here.

    Choice quote:

    Man, she got so into boxing I had to leave the room in fear of my life. She was downright vicious.

    "All these guys I'm fighting have glasses. I hate guys with glasses!" Pow! Pow!

    For the record, I wear glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yah, boxing is a workout! i think i like golf best b/c i suck majorly in real life, but with the wii i can get a birdie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm looking forward to super smash brothers brawl =)

    ReplyDelete